Tresys XD Elements represents a collection of software that Tresys has developed over the years when building cross domain solutions. Tresys builds and has worked with partners to develop solutions capable of accreditation to Director of Central Intelligence Directive (DCID) 6/3 Protection Level (PL) 4 & 5. Our solutions focus on low latency, high throughput, deep content inspection, varying fabrics, rapid accreditation, and ease of use and deployment. This collection of software, available with Tresys services, is used to expedite CDS development and/or enable pre-existing guards.
- Ensures accurate data exchange across multiple security domains via policy and mandatory access controls using Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux)
- Lower development costs by reusing code from existing CDS systems that have passed PL4 and PL5 accreditation
- Fast deployment is provided through a streamlined, repeatable blueprint for CDS development and pre-defined artifacts in support of swifter certification across multiple environments
The Tresys XD Elements codebase includes the following software packages:
- Auditing · Application level auditing, audit management, audit reduction tools, and remote audit aggregation tools
- Heartbeat Monitoring · Monitoring framework for critical applications
- Secure inter-process communication · Building blocks for component-based applications that communicate securely
- Administrative role controls · Monitoring framework for critical applications
- CDS focused SELinux policy · Configuration of the SELinux policy aimed at CDS applications
- Content inspection · Deep content inspection for many formats
- Advanced Security · Leverages proven security components that meet DCID 6/3 PL4 or PL5 requirements using the flexible mandatory access control (MAC) via Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux)
- CDS Management · Provides the "sensor" functions necessary to measure and monitor guard performance
- Adaptable filters · Provide state of the art identification of advanced malware and viruses and integrates new filters as other attacks are identified in the future. Filtering features include the following:
- Detect virus or malware infected files
- Clean and verify files are cleansed
- Remove unknown file types
- Remove steganography
- Analyze, remove, cleanse embedded objects
- Remove or cleanse color or size obfuscated text
- Remove macros from documents
- Remove or cleanse metadata
- Remove unrecognized data
- Validate file formats
- Extract and Scan embedded objects
- Identify and clense hidden content
1. Is Tresys XD Elements available for purchase?
- XD Elements is a collection of individual software packages that Tresys uses to expedite development of cross domain solutions. XD Elements is used by Tresys during services engagements to enable third-party vendor or specialized government needs and is not available for direct purchase
2. Do I need to use all packages in XD Elements?
- No. Different CDSs have varying needs and pre-existing solutions may already have some of the basic functions that XD Elements can provide. Tresys works with our clients to ensure that the features required are implemented and optimizes any pre-existing components.